Subject: Re: Latest issue
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 16:31:14 -0700

On  6 May 97,  Paul Krzyzanowski <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
wrote:

> I joined the LHSA at the end of December 1996 and have yet to
> receive a single issue. All I received thus far is a Leica
> catalogue (which I found totally useless... just a collection
> of classified ads).
> Should I be expecting more?
>
> Paul

Yes, Indeed, Paul. You will get a quarterly publication called
"Viewfinder" which is excellent. Caters, about equally, to both
collectors and active shooters. If you don't get the latest issue
within several more weeks, drop me a personal email and I'll pass
along the email address of the "Viewfinder" editor and you can see if
there is a problem.

Otherwise, The Leica Catalog is, admitedly, more for the collector
who is actively trading in things Leica. If you're a shooter,
however, and in the market for something, the Catalog is a good place
to look. The advertisers may or may not be offering at 'low ball"
prices, but the are a "cut above" the run of the mill advertisers in
rec.photo.marketplace.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com
         Thought for the day:
    Communist (n): one who has given up all hope
    of becoming a Capitalist.