Subject: Re: So you want to change the world with your Leica
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 16:31:14 -0700

On  6 May 97,  Donal Philby <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
wrote:

> Duane,
>
> Thanks for the inspiration.  Quite frankly, I think all this is
> drifting ONTO subject.

> Indeed, that our photography changes the photographer may be the
> most overlooked quality of photojournalism.  I've never particularly
> been on a crusade to change the world, but I've wanted people to
> experience what I've experienced or to just open their eyes to the
> things I've seen. Mostly I'm thankful for photography providing me a
> living and excuse to go poke my nose in places and have experiences.
>
> Let me tell you about this Dominatrix I recently photographed.  On
> second thought  . . . . . .

All the above *can* and is most often done with different marques,
Donal. I've long argued that this type of discussion is photographic
mental masturbation. Your reference to a "Dominatrix" (gasp!) would
seem to make my case. [Would you tell me about her in a private
email?  8^)  ]
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com
         Thought for the day:
    Communist (n): one who has given up all hope
    of becoming a Capitalist.