Subject: Re: M6 with Summilux
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 22:16:28 -0700

Jacques Bilinski wrote:

> > I have not tried the 35/1.4 Aspheric on the CLE, so I am not sure if you
> > have a viewfinder problem with it.  I use the 35/2 Summicron on my CLE.
> >
> > Stephen Gandy
>
> A CLE with a 35mm/2 Summicron (non-aspherical !) is a combination I've been
> considering, however I've been told it causes problems when focused at far
> distances.
> Which version of the 35mm Summicron are you using?
>
> Here is a note I received from a user of this combination:
> "
> I have had two versions of the 35mm summicron - latest and next latest
> version - and neither would work on the CLE. I haven't tried a 24 mm (yet)
> on the CLE but the 28mm and 21mm both work fine.
> Hope this helps.
> Howard Cummer
> "

It is a tight fit for the 35 Summicron.  There is a protective shroud
around the rear element (current version).   It will make contact with
another shroud protecting the CLE's silicon cell  when the lens is
focused to infinity.   I had my repairman file down the len's shroud.
No more tight fit.

BTW, the Russian 20mm will fit the CLE, but partially  blocks the TTL
cell.  It will not fit the on the CL, due to light chamber restrictions.

As a side note, the Minolta 360 PX flash offers power and connectivity
to multiple flashes, but the shoe is rather large and partially blocks
the CLE shutter release.  The dedicated Minolta Sunpak 433D has a
smaller shoe and is easier to use  on the CLE.  It also has the added
benefit of turning the flash head behind you for ceiling bounce flash.

I am also very happy with the multi-coated Minolta lenses for the CLE,
identifiable by "M Rokkor" and a Leica style parallel focusing cam.

Stephen