Subject: Moving Away from an M6
From: Michael Reichmann <michael.reichmann@alphanet.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 15:31:52 -0400

Pascal,

I found your message on abandoning the M6 of some interest.  I recently =
sold my M6 and 3 lenses after several years of use, primarily as a =
travel system.  I used an M2 and M3 back in the '70s when I made my =
living as a photojournalist and then bought the M6 when I found myself =
doing a lot of international business travel a few years ago.

I didn't want to carry a SLR, because of weight and bulk, and so went =
back to my roots and bought an M Leica.

After about 3 years I called it quits.  While I love the M lenses, I =
found that the RF approach no longer suited my style of shooting and =
when I looked at the number of strong images that I'd produced with that =
system, I was disappointed.  I also went through my archives and found =
far too many shots that had failed because of issues of technique, where =
an SLR would have been more suitable for my style of shooting.

Selling the M6 was a sad day indeed, but I've replaced it with a Contax =
S2 and like your Nikon FM, there isn't much difference in size.  Also, =
one of the things that I always enjoyed about the M6 was the quality =
feel, and the S2 has it in spades!

I use my 28 / 60 and 135mm Contax lenses as part of a light weight =
travel kit and my 35 and 85 mm f/1.4s for when I need low light =
capability.

Styles change, people change - no regrets.

Michael