Subject: Re: 90mm Summicron Question
From: orath@astral.magic.ca (Otto Rath)
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 22:10:38 -0400

>Gerard Captijn wrote:
>>

>> The 90mmf/4 Rokkor was a lens produced by Leitz Wetzlar. Although its
>> optical construction was identical to todays Elmarit-M, its performance is
>> comparable to the   Tele-Elmarit-M.
>>

>The 90/4 Rokkor M for the CLE is a different lens than the 90/4 for the
>CL.  While both are 4 element and similar, the diagrams which I have
>seem to show slightly different formulas through different element
>curvatures.  The differences which I am aware of are as follows:
>                        90/4 Elmar for CL       90/4 M Rokkor for CLE
>
>manufacture                     Germany                 "Made in Japan"
>cam                             sharp curve             standard M cam
>filters                         Series 5.5              40.5
>coating                         single                  multi
>lable                           Elmar C                 "M-Rokkor"
>

>Stephen Gandy

there was also a Minolta CL 28mm f:2.8 M-Rokkor ( 40.5 dia. filter size and
reverseable and bayonetting hood similar to Summicron 50 style hood)
How good was it in comparison to Leitz Elmarit 2.8/28mm retrofocus style
with protruding rear element?
Any opinions or better experience values amongst LUGgers?
- -otto-

otto w. rath, 504-633, northcliffe blvd. toronto on. M6E 3M3 canada (416)
783 5128