Subject: Re: Incandesant light (technique)
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 22 May 97 19:03:32 EDT

Ben Holmes wrote:

<<<Has anyone worked with this type of light in combination with
chrome emulsions?>>>>

Hi Ben,

What I have found when shooting daylight chrome with incandecent light it
depends on the subject as to whether it works or not.

Example:  Lady in soap bubble bath you can get away with the "wrong film under
the wrong light"!  What I mean is the warmth of the film goes with the warmth of
the scene, similarily have shot diners by candle light and incandecent light
with daylight film and it's beautiful.

In other words the success dictates wherever you have a warm fuzzy feeling type
of situation you can get away with the eye and viewers accepting the warmer
effect created by the daylight balanced film under incandescent lighting.

By the same token trying to use it in a non warm and fuzzy situation and it
looks lousy, as though you made a mistake and used the wrong film.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant