Subject: Re: Macro in the Leica World
From: wilcox@umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 07:20:09 -0400

Most of my macro work is done with the Viso II or III and a 65 Elmar, which
I find to be a very fine lens. If I need more distance between me and the
the subject, I use the lens head of my 135 Hector or even the 200 f4 Telyt.
The Hector is Excellent and the Telyt is very good.

kw

>I would appreciate it if folks would comment on the various lenses used
>for Macro & copy work in the Leica system. I have a M-2 with in addition
>to the usual 21, 35, 50 & 90mm lenses, a Visoflex II and bellows and a
>Leicaflex SL with 35 & 180mm lenses
>
>The only remnant of my Nikon outfit is an F body and a 55mm:2.8 Micro
>Nikkor, the only Nikon lens I have owned which has been really
>satisfactory. The only thing is this is another heavy body to carry
>around for a limited use.
>
>I have been told that the Visoflex is preferable for copy work over the
>Leicaflex & R series due to being a 100% view focusing screen.
>
>I have an adapter for the 90:2.8 & 65:3.5 lenses for the bellows, Is
>there one for the old style 90:2 Summicron? If there was would the lens
>be any good for copy work? Which 90:2.8 are they talking about on this
>adapter & would it be a good copy lens?
>
>I do both a fair amount of both copy work and field work: copying flat
>art for my wife and a couple of friends and photographing botanical
>details with the macro lens as semi-abstract images... I rarely go
>close enough to want an extension ring on the Micro Nikkor.
>
>What are the differences among the versions of the 60:2.8R? Do they
>focus as close as the Nikkor (1:2) before resorting to extension tubes?
>
>Thank you for wading through my ramblings,
>
>                                            - John Lowther

- ----
Davison Middle School                  preferred---> <wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
600 Dayton, Davison, MI 48423