Subject: Re: Multiple bodies & Street Photography
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 06:07:12 +0800 (SGT)

At 09:48 PM 28/1/98 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I do realise the many benefits of multiple bodies. However, my question
>arose from the school of thought, that said simplification and less
>superflous excess will enable us photogs to get to the heart and soul of the
>subject. Flowery as this may be, in essence you approach your subject, or
>the person as another human being who just happens to have a camera in hand.
>This approach is less intrusive than have multiple cameras dangling all over
>or having to carry a huge, oversized camera bag around. The very design of
>the M camera supports this kind of non excess, which is what, as a long ago
>post has written said that NG's David Alan Harvey shoots whole essays with
>one Leica M and one lens. May I add also, to this simplifying, the use of
>one type of film only.
>
>that is what I mean.
>
>--adi

Since using a Rollei 35, I have found that this camera is one of the finest
cameras to use for street photography. The camera fits very nicely in the
palm of the hand. The shutter is  quiet enough to be unobstrusive although
the M camera is still more inaudible.  I hardly have to look through the
viewfinder and frame after some practise and the scale focussing is easy to
master.   The meter is reasonably accurate in spite of using a 1.5 V
alkaline cell to replace the PX13.  However, the main drawback of the Rollei
35 is the lack of lens interchangeability.

Dan K.