Subject: Re: New Elmerit 24 f2.8 Asph.
From: "Vahan D. Shahinian" <vshahinian@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 07:42:48 -0400

>Any new commments or advice on Elmerit M 24 f2.8 ASPH?

I have been using the 24 ASPH for about four months now. It's a terrific
lens, though a bit pricey and big. However, I suppose that the size helps
to minimize vignetting. As a nice touch, it comes with a lens cap that fits
over the hood, as well as a cap to fit over the lens directly.

Flare seems to be pretty well controlled and it's very sharp and contrasty.
The lens is a real winner. Most people I know, that have used the lens,
like it.

I'm not too pleased with the auxiliary viewfinder since it is expensive,
you must center you eye very carefully to see the brightlines, and it's not
particularly well made (considering the price). If you use an M6, you could
possibly get by without the viewfinder.

Vahan