Subject: Re: cleaning M collections
From: John Buford <jbuf@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 15:32:07 -0400

GuidoRidoli wrote:

> I usually shot  with all my M collection bodies,
> but after shooting I want to clean it perfectly from every little signs of hands sweat .
> Do you know some miraculous product?
> I will appreciate your experiences and feedback.
>
> Guido Ridoli    (M-system fan)
> Brescia, Italy
> guirid@numerica.it

Dear Guido;
	For cleaning the chrome bodies, use a gum eraser, made for pencils.
You can find them at the bigger stationery stores and at art supply
stores.  (DO NOT USE AN INK ERASER, IT IS TOO ABRASIVE).  Be sure and
keep the body cap on the lens when doing this to keep all the little
pieces of ereaser out of the camera, and be sure to blow the the peiceis
off of the top deck so that they do not work themselves into the camera.
Just erase the dirt off the camera.

	TO renew numbers where the engraving was filled with paint, get some
modelling paint of the correct color.  Get a very fine brush 3/0 or 4/0,
and get a little paint on the tip of the brush, and touch the tip to the
area that needs to be renewed.  Then using some sort of straight edge
wipe the excess paint off (a business card works well).  Let it dry
thorughly and clean up with a little lighter fluid.

HTH
John
	For black bodies, get a non-lint piece of cloth and some lighter
fluid.  Work in a well ventilated area.  Apply a little fluid to the
cloth and wipe off the camera.  This does a really nice job.  Do not use
a lot of the lighter fluid, it can brake down the lubrication.