Subject: Re: Dating equipment
From: "gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 14:43:07 +0200

Hi Ben

I found your serial numbers very interesting. They seem to indicate my M4-P
is the 83rd one ever made which is quite nice in its own way! One thing
which confused me though is the numbers for the M6. They seem to have left
a whole lot out in 1985 and then used them in 1986. Is this correct and if
so does anybody know why?

Best wishes

Harold