Subject: 35 M summicron ASPH
From: captyng@vtx.ch (Gerard Captijn)
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 1996 08:08:29 +0200

>A few weeks ago someone posted a message here suggesting that a 35 f/2
>aspheric lens was scheduled to be released sometime in July.
>Can anyone verify if this is so?

I posted the message. Leica announced in Switzerland that they they would
start selling the new 35mm/f2.0 ASPH in July 1997. Given their delivery
record though I would not be amazed to see their almost ritual delays again.
The Leica representative in your country should be able to give you more
specific news.

Gerard Captijn
Geneva, Switzerland
Email: captyng@vtx.ch