Subject: Re: best technical Leica M book
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 11:07:42 -0400

Ernesto wrote:

<<I'd simply have an opinion on what is the best book that explains the
<<Leica M system from a tech point of view. Not a book for collectors,
<<just a good and complete manual for a rookie that's trying to understan=
<<this system:cameras, lenses, accessories.
<<Any imput will be apreciated.

My selection : (for you information only)

Available : New *  Second-hand ** (as far as I know)

*Leica m Photography; Brian Bower; Hardcover; ( good for a rookie etc..)
(Published by David & Charles Uk
Publication date: March 1,1996
Dimensions (in inches): 11.68 x 8.93 x .67
ISBN: 071530318X)
       =

*The Leica M Compendium; Jonathan Eastland; Hardcover (ok, with some very=

personal point of vue)

*Leica Rangefinder Practice M6 to M1; Andrew Matheson; Hardcover (OK, but=

may be disappointing)

**Leica m the Advanced School of Photography; Gunter Osterloh; Hardcover
(1984 ??) (M6)
(Old fashion Leitz litterature,  but OK)

**The Leica Rangefinder Way; Andrew Matheson; Hardcover (Nothing about M6=

but great ! : M3 to M4-2)

**The Leica Manual; Willard Detering Morgan; Hardcover  (I like it very
much) (1974 ??) (M4 & M5)

* or ** ?? Leica Lens Practice : Choosing and Using Leica Lenses; Dennis
Laney; Hardcover (OK)
                          =

                          =

Check www.amazon.com