Subject: Re: Zone System
From: LeicaM13@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 09:22:32 -0400 (EDT)

To All You 'Zonies" Out There:

It's great to see all of your experiences with the 'Zone System'. It's clear
to me you have a true grasp of the 'software' which can only enhance your use
of the greatest 'hardware' in the world, namly 'the Leica'. Sure, a simple
matrix meter reading of a scene will prob. get a good result, but it makes me
feel a little too relient on technology for my Art. Spot that scene in all of
it's relevant values. Caucasian skin? Zone VI. (Your meter is reading Zone
V). Blue sky? Maybe I want it a Zone IV! (Your meter is reading Zone V). Your
want something Zone I? Your negative may be able to 'see" it but your print
won't.  Forget about Zone IX or X, you're not going to see them either. But
just knowing they are out there gives me a feeling of super-photographical
power that the 'point-and-shoot person will never know.

Keep up the dialog folks.

By the way anyone know when  my M2 # 1052 742 was made?
Ditto for my IIIA # 210237?

Thanks,

Todd Jacobs
Chicago