Subject: Re:lenstests
From: orath@astral.magic.ca (Otto Rath)
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 14:14:07 -0400

Hi, Chris,
while wading thru LUG, I came across Edward Abbey's quotation, that was
attached to your post:
Society too, human society is like a stew - if you don't keep it stirred
up, you get a lot of scum on top.
Excellent quote and for us here in Canada after yesterdays election results
a bit sad to absorb: we did  not stir hard enough.
I find that some quotes, that people attach to their posts are humorous and
enjoyable.
We get a bit fanatical at times in brand-loyalty; these machines are only
tools, although fascinating and with lots of gizmos to play with. Why
agonize over the last lpmm resolution, that cannot be exploited in the new
digital photography anyway?
Looking at the sharpness in those ancient images of earlier in the century,
you have to wonder, if we have progressed as much as we think in the craft.

As long as for sale ads occur infrequently in the Nikon group, I would not
object, but fear that
" commercial collectors/sellers" might discover this niche and swamp us
with bargain offers.

Greetings -otto-

otto w. rath, 504-633, northcliffe blvd. toronto on. M6E 3M3 canada (416)
783 5128