Subject: Re: Strange M6 Problem
From: Mike Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 17:58:18 -0400

mdw3@leguin.acpub.duke.edu wrote:

> I recently had a srange problem with my M6, <snip>                    > On two frames of a recent roll of slide film shot indoors under >artificial light (frames #5 and 37), I found a vertically-oriented and >sharply-defined streak of light (approx. 1mm wide, and tapering >slightly). <snip> I am reluctant  to send my camera for repairs with so >little evidence to go on.  Thanks in advance for any help any of you >might be able to offer.
> Michael Weisberg

Michael,
May I infer from the 64 speed that you were shooting Kodachrome 64? If
so,where did you send it for processing?  I just got back ten rolls of
Kodachrome processed by Kodak at Fair Lawn, New Jersey and one roll has
some strange light marks on a number of the frames.  Not quite the same
as you describe but equally disturbing.  Most of the rolls were shot in
my M6 including the problem roll but that roll preceded several in this
batch and subsequent rolls were OK.  I am sending a few sample
slides to Fair Lawn as I suspect a processing problem or an accidental
light leak at the plant.  Before sending camera to the hospital, you
might get an opinion from the processor or call Kodak.  Run a roll or
two of E-6 film through that you can get processed right away locally
and see if you can duplicate problem.
Regards,
Mike Gardner