Subject: Re: Leica M6 Query
From: Tony Chang <stchang@novice.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 1997 08:26:48 -0400

Hello Ferdinand,

What type of photography do you usually do?  Documentary and street?
Portrait?  Close-up?

>a.) assuming you are all Leica users, what is it down you like about the
>Leica system specifically the M6 ?

M lens quality.

>b.) How do you find its built, operation, ease of use, durability and
>reliability ?

Top for durability and reliability.  I find M6 is very simple and ease of
use.  However, I have heard many people that they find M6 difficult to use.

>c.) How do you find its M lenses ?? what are its characterestic not found
>in other slr's like Canon, Nikon, Carl Zeiss ?

I use EOS, Hassy and M equipment regularly.  M lenses produce top quality
and M equipment is very small and quiet.  It's perfect for street and
documentary photography.

>d.) How big of an enlargement have u done with it ? how is it ?

Is 20x24 big enough for you?  Another good thing I like about M lenses is
its ability to show detail in the dark side (black and white).

>e.) Would u highly recommend it ??

I would highly recommend it to anyone is doing street and documentary
photography.

Tony
Tony Chang
stchang@novice.uwaterloo.ca