Subject: Re: M-6 meter area
From: George Berger <gberger@his.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 18:02:45 -0400

Dan C. wrote:

>You have to estimate where "it is" because there is no explicit mark visible
>in the viewfinder showing where the meter area resides.  You simply have to
>estimate in your mind an imaginary circle 2/3 the height of the frame in use
>and dead center in the view finder.  It is not that difficult in practice.

There's a trick that we use to get a very close approximation of the
metering area.

If you're using a 35mm lens, push the lever and temporarily bring up the 50
mm frame lines. The spot will almost fill the vertical distance from top to
bottom of the 50 mm frame. If you are using a 50 mm, the spot will fill the
90 mm vertical frame lines. If you're shooting with a 90 mm, the spot will
fill the 135mm  vertical frame lines.

Can't help you on the 28mm.

George

George Berger