Subject: R8 vs RTS Unrelibaility
From: Michael Reichmann <michael.reichmann@alphanet.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 08:32:28 -0400

>I remember a comparative test in a British magazine (??)
>where the Contax body broke during the test.

Lucien,

The current issue of a major British Photography magazine has a full =
review of the R8.  They don't take very kindly to it.  In fact, the =
first R8 that the tester received failed immediately.

The R8 does not come across very well compared to the RTS III in their =
report.  (The reviewer states his bias toward Contax, but his comments =
are nevertheless revealing).

While Otto's experience with his RTS's is informative, it should not of =
course become the foundation for a position identifying Contax cameras =
as chronically unreliable.  Many Contax owners, pros as well as amateurs =
would council otherwise. Myself included :)

Regards,

Michael
=20