Subject: HCB Show in Paris
From: Michael Reichmann <michael.reichmann@alphanet.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 14:18:46 -0400

David,

As you are currently in Paris, you may be interested in the Henri =
Cartier Besson exhibition at the Maison de Photographie European.  It's =
a wonderful show, very well presented.  I was there last week with my =
wife.  Just two days in Paris, but we managed to get some time in at the =
Louvre, Musee D'Orsee, 3 restaurants, 6 cafes, 2 wine stores and a few =
misc shops.  Oh yes, we slept a bit too.

I thought that I was familiar with almost all of Bresson's published =
work, but there were quite a few images (both old a more recent) that I =
had not seen before.

I don't recall the address at the moment, but it's located about a 15 =
minute cab ride from Notre Dame.  The're listed in the phone book.  =
(There's a great pate shop just around the corner, but that's another =
story :)

I feel like a bit of a traitor, because this trip I took my Contax S2 =
instead of an M6.  I found the body just as light and convenient, but I =
took the 35mm f/1.4 and 85mm f/1.4 Distagons, and they were quite a bit =
heavier than their M Leica bretherin.

Michael