Subject: Re: Where to Buy
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@eagle.wbm.ca>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 07:26:25 -0600

"Chris Hoover" <cdhoover@invitrogen.com> wrote:
I think Camera World of Oregon's web site lists a price of $1899. Besides,
they are pretty reputable dealers...
   Are there any problems for a Canadian to buy through them?  I am
concerned about the US Passport Warranty coverage.  Kindermann, the Leica
distributor in Canada, suggests that US Passport coverage only covers
accidental damage.  Is this true?  They claim that the Canadian warranty is
a full 3 year warranty, with much faster warranty service.
   They will also not honor warranty repairs for a US-bought Leica.  I
would have to send the camera to NJ if servicing were required. I thought
that Leica warranty service was international.

- -GH