Subject: Canadian warranty service
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@eagle.wbm.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:35:29 -0600

   In a recent post I submitted some incorrect information regarding
warranty service in Canada.  I had suggested that warranty service in
Canada was not honored for Leica equipment not purchases domestically.  I
have since learned that, in most cases, the Canadian distributor
(Kindermann) will provide warranty repairs for "Internationally" purchased
Leica equipment within the factory specified 2-year period.  I had been
told otherwise by a salesperson who did not have the correct facts.
   I also mistakenly implied that US Passport warranty only covered
accidental damage, which of course is not so.
   I apologize for the mistakes.  In my haste to try to take advantage of
the current rebate offers, I did not research these matters thoroughly
enough and posted information which was inaccurate.

- -GH