Subject: Re: R8: Metz Flash SCA 3501 & 351 ??
From: "Vahan D. Shahinian" <vshahinian@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 14:47:06 -0400

>Can anyone absolutely verify whether or not I can use my Metz40MZ2 with
>a 3501 on BOTH my R7 and R8, (assuming the functional limits of the R7).

It's not entirely clear, based on the documentation provided by Leica and
Metz. The R8 manual only specifies the 3501 adapter and not the 351. In
addition, the instructions supplied with the SCA 3501 adapter lists only
the R8 in the feature table. The R7 is not listed, with or without reduced
function.

Based on the above, it would seem that you will need to use the 40 MZ-2/351
with the R7, and the 40 MZ-2/3501 with the R8. I would like to use the SCA
3501 with the R7 and R8 as well. It's not very convenient carrying both
adapters around. Not to mention that thin little spacer that's required to
mount 300 series adapters on the 40 MZ-3. I'll probably lose that within
the week.

Vahan