Subject: Re: Hi Les Lampman!
From: Les Lampman <llampman@myriad.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 08:46:08 -0700

Stephen wrote:

> For some reason, the private email you sent me was returned as
> undeliverable.  Please email me again with your phone and the bests
> hours to call.
>
> Thanks
>
> Stephen
- -------------

Thanks for responding -- I'm located in TX -- but phone not worth much
- -- I have almost total hearing loss! Eyeballs next, I suspect -- so
photo while I can!  Understand from a kind gent on the Leica newsgroup
that I have a plain Jane Leicaflex with two lenses.  All I want to do is
get some really sharp flower pix while I'm here in TX (two or three
months) -- all my Nikon stuff is home N of Seattle in a lock box -- and
daughter wouldn't know what to send...

He suggested that if I'm unwilling to bring a Nikon down I should go
ahead and try the Leicaflex... Even though the lenses are old they might
be acceptable. Or get a new rig.

I have NOT had the lenses checked for fungus, clarity, etc -- although
to my unprofessional eye they look OK..

I'm a 77 year old amateur -- but very critical when it comes to closeup
work!!

I don't even know how to turn the meter on in the Leicaflex!!

My Nikon fleet: S, S2, S3, F, FTN (new), F2AS (New), FE2, 8008S, plus
Mamiya 6 (new) and several older cameras... (and of course a bag of
lenses for all the above.) ... a long time collecting (BG)

Guess from you I'd like to know if this old Leica system has any value
- -- possible trade up to later model... and if these old lenses check out
would it be worthwhile to get say a M7 body and use the old lenses...

Leicaflex #1173256

Summicron - R 2.0/50 Leitz Wetzlar  #23811425

Elmarit 2.8/90 Leitz Wetzlar #2335355

Extension tube set

Misc filters

Camera case (Leica)

Utility case (Leica)

Condition?  I don't know how to grade Leica -- if Nikon I'd say camera
about E+ to E++ with dent on prism   -- it would not be a "collector"
camera if Nikon...

Both lenses E++

Thanks again,

Les Lampman