Subject: RE: Luftwaffe & Swastika & Eagle
From: "Marvin Moss" <Leikon35@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 97 11:41:52 UT

Henk - Beware
There are many Russian ersatz Leicas flooding the American market also.
Some of them are actually rebuilt Leica II (D) insides with phony shells and
different Nazi markings.  I saw one last month that was engraved Heinrich
Hoffmann, who was Hitlers personal photographer and the camera appeared
as new - price $250 US.  I bought one that had perfect "Luftwaffen Eigentum"
Fl 30849 and a war-time IIIc s/n - but it was a copy of a Leica II(D) also.
Price = also $250.  The Russian dealer also had a pretty nice copy of the
Stemar for $750.  Caveat Emptor.