Subject: Re: Black or Chrome?
From: orath@astral.magic.ca (Otto Rath)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:35:43 -0400

>>I know this may sound like a silly question, but I'm looking for opinions on
>>whether to buy a black or chrome M6.  I likes the recent suggestion of
>Black for
>>B&W and Chrome for Slides.  However, only one body can pass the financial
>>officer (er, wife) at a time.  Since this will be my first M body, I'm looking
>>for ideas.
>>

>I had the same dilemma when I was looking for my first leica.  I finally
>settled on a chrome one.  It has that retro and typical leica look.  Since
>then, every one of my leicas have been chrome and I have never regretted it.
>I have nothing against black but I think that chrome gives the Leica camera
>that certain character which turns heads.
>
>Dan

Hope nobody sees any racial designs in these questions (sorry, only kidding!)
It appears that chrome Leicas and lenses don't scratch as easily as black
- -chrome (or anodized or black laquered) bodies.
How is the Titanium finish or is there no user info, because they live a
protected life in the collector's safes?
A nicely scuffed black MP with worn brassy edges is the ultimate symbol of
LEICA durability and IMHO
the ultimate status-symbol too.
But some people only look at them as excellent picture-makers; like the
artist SS.
Get a nice chrome M and tape it up, looks sh...y, unobtrusive, non
reflective and who would want to steal it off your shoulder. I tape the
proud Leica name on my R's. Like the Mercedes star or the Beemers logo,
they invite the quickfingered in these changing times. Legalize drugs and
perhaps things might improve
(sorry, not Leica specific?)
My 5 Pfennigs of course. -otto-

otto w. rath, 504-633, northcliffe blvd. toronto on. M6E 3M3 canada (416)
783 5128