Subject: Re: Killing Henri
From: orath@astral.magic.ca (Otto Rath)
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 21:09:15 -0400

>This is probably in very poor taste, but I was thinking: when HCB does pass,
>as we are all apt to do (except "Ted", having made some satanic deal with
>those aliens), a logical limited edition would be an HCB M6. I think that I
>would actually consider buying one. Thoughts, comments, flames?
>

>Regards,
>

>Ben W. Holmes
>Boulder, CO
>
>visit my web site at http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/
>Leica serial numbers and Leica classifieds at
>http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/photodat.htm

Ben:
OK. I'm rising to the bait. You just said it: very poor taste!
But then poor taste has never been a hindrance to marketers:
I sell, therefor I am!
BTW I hear that HCB is mostly sketching now, some clever art-dealer might
obtain his old Leicas and
paintings and get ready for a "profitable" retrospective.
All this wouldn't touch a real gentle man,like HCB. May he enjoy his golden
years in good health.

Now I'll go back to lurking. -otto-

PS. just read Ted's answer on the LUG and tend to agree with some of his
sentiments.
I envy his sense of humour, but won't retract my statement on bad taste.

otto w. rath, 504-633, northcliffe blvd. toronto on. M6E 3M3 canada (416)
783 5128