Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #504
From: Otto Braasch <otto.braasch@bnla.baynet.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 14:28:41 +0300

Donal wrote:

> I remember talking to Luis Casteneda recently about Leica reliability
> and he said he had bought three R7s when they came out, but decided to
> use just one as much as possible and see how long it would last.
>
> Last count: 10,000 rolls without adjustment, repair or even cleaning.

Donal,

That 10,000 rolls figure on the R7 is most interesting. I would have had
about 31 failures in total by then with my Contax RTS IIIs at their
present rate.

Is Luis Casteneda on e-mail or do you have his snail mail address?
And do you know more about the way he travels and the environment he works
in: rural countryside, town or desert?

Regards,

Otto