Subject: Re: Black or Chrome?
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 11 Jun 97 11:22:01 EDT

Paul wrote:

<<Even though it has numerous dings and very heavy wear, the black chrome has
held up very well. It looks much better than it has a right to.>>>>

Hi Paul,

Like your black chrome Leica,  mine have faired in appearance much better than
any black paint Leicas I've owned. The paint always wore off and I believe there
were complaints about the paint wear, so Leica/Leitz went to black chrome for a
more durable finish.

ted