Subject: Re: Black or Chrome?
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 11 Jun 97 11:42:34 EDT

Danny Gonzalez wrote:

<<<In the end, I think that looking 'amateur' is more important than camera
gleam. I do personally think that the chrome M6 is far more beautiful than the
black. From what I've seen, chrome also holds its value better.>>>>>>

Hi Danny,

Your absolutely right! The "amateur look" helps and if you kinda look like a bit
fumbling goes along way also.

The chrome is more beautiful, can't argue with that one bit! :)
But looking like an amateur and holding that beautiful shining Leica still gives
you away and because you look like an amateur, will be perceived as an easy mark
for a snatch and run artist.

As far as holding it's value, isn't something I have ever related to as they are
merely tools of the trade. And after I have worked them hard like a team of
horses they get traded off to the farm and I buy new ones.

The only "value factor" I'm ever concerned about is that they function the way I
expect them to. If you relate to them as a book, the cover may look nice but
it's whats inside that really counts! :)

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant