Subject: Re: R8 VS RTS III Reliability
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:40:08 -0800

ted grant wrote:
> Donal,
>
> I never thought i would say that the R8 and a Apo 70-180 2.8 was a tad heavy to
> carry around and shoot for 5 hours straight, but Luis is making a beleiver out
> of me. This has been a tough morning shooting the water front with the bulk of
> the shoting with the 70-180. And quite frankly it is becoming heavier each day.
>
> I neer thought I would be shooting with a monopod holding up a puny little
> 70-180 zoom lens and body, but there I was plinking away with a monopod taking
> the weight. :)  Oh well maybe I'll have more frames without the funny little
> shaky look to them. :)

Ted,

Isn't it funny, the young "creative" whizkids shoot stuff for national
magazines (Like Wired) that are often out focus, badly (creatively)
exposed and full of blurr.  And as we grow older we can't get things in
focus, foget how to expose and loose the steadiness of hand.  So how
come we're not working for WIRED?

It is also obvious that you need to exercise more by lifting heavy
glasses of golden weight at local pub.

And it is okay even for eminent world-trotting photojournalists to
occasionally USE A TRIPOD.  Time for the Gitzo mountaineer, Ted!

Donal Philby
San Diego