Subject: Re: R8 VS RTS III Reliability
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 10 Jun 97 17:40:08 EDT

Donal Philby wrote:

<<He is now off using the R8s, but was complaining last night during a
conversation about weight and size and especially of the R8 with the
70-180.  >>>

Donal,

I never thought i would say that the R8 and a Apo 70-180 2.8 was a tad heavy to
carry around and shoot for 5 hours straight, but Luis is making a beleiver out
of me. This has been a tough morning shooting the water front with the bulk of
the shoting with the 70-180. And quite frankly it is becoming heavier each day.

I neer thought I would be shooting with a monopod holding up a puny little
70-180 zoom lens and body, but there I was plinking away with a monopod taking
the weight. :)  Oh well maybe I'll have more frames without the funny little
shaky look to them. :)

ted