Subject: Re: Selenium meter
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 10:40:06 -0700

seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com wrote:

>      Hi,
>
>       I am looking for an excellent selenium meter which does not require a
>      battery.  Does anyone have recommendation(s)?  I have seen quite a few
>      Weston Master II or III advertised.  Also most of them except Gossen
>      Pilot2 and Scout3 (or 2) are pretty old.  I wonder if they still works
>      fine.  What would be the best way to maintain them so they last long
>      enough?  I heard that they should be kept in their cases when not in
>      use.  Thanks in advance.
>
>      Regards,
>      David

I like the Sekonics, which are spin offs of the old Norwood Directors.
Small, relatively sensitive and accurate, they are nice quality meters.
They do have quite an assortment of dials on them over the years,
however. Make sure you get one with modern dials.

The Weston V is cheap plastic and trouble prone.  The Weston IV, still
all metal, is probably the best Weston.  The earlier meters may be
marked using older exposure systems.

Quality Light Metric in Hollywood CA can repair virtually anything
selenium.

Stephen Gandy