Subject: Noctilux and filters
From: "gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 11:31:07 +0200

Hi

I know there is debate as to whether filters are a good thing or a bad
thing. Personally I have settled for putting Leica UVa filters on the front
of most of my lenses to protect them. I have, however, avoided putting a
filter on the front of the Noctilux.

Has anybody got some experience of the Noctilux with filters. I am
concerned that a filter may degrade the special qualtities of this lens. I
am planning a shoot of musicians in some rather dusty venues and was
wondering whether or not to put a UVa on to stop the front of the lens
getting a lot of dut on it.

Any thoughts?

Best wishes

Harold

My e-mail addresses are as follows:

haroldgess@journalist.com

gess@icon.co.za

Please use either of these to reach me and, lest you lose sight of it, have
a nice day!