Subject: Re: HCB Sightings, Kinda...
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 17:31:55 -0700

On 13 Jun 97,  David W. Almy wrote:

> It seems strange to be writing this, but I'm in Paris this week
> for the Air Show. I was alerted to an Henri-Cartier Bresson
> exhibition here

<snip>

Great report, David. I had the book, The Europeans, but have lost
it somehow in a couple of moves. I always envy folk when they can
view originals of what I've admired for so long.

Especially interesting is the museum's exhibiting the prints full
frame with the sprocket holes plainly showing. It would be rare to
find something like that done in the U.S., even in halls that pride
themselves on their literalism. There is a place for full frame
presentation. I would like to see it more often.

With so many photographers doing "decisive moment" type work so
well, today, it is easy to overlook what a leap it was for HCB to
pioneer it.

Enjoy your trip and tell more.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com
          You can't win department:
    Why is it that paychecks come less taxes, whereas,
    everything you buy is plus taxes?