Subject: M6 at the theater
From: Federico Quintana <fquintana@interlink.com.ar>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 97 11:46:32 -0300

	Yesterday, the manager of the Leica representative was kind enough =
to bring me my new black chrome M6 and 50 summicron at my home.  I =
can=B9t describe my joy and I am still not completely aware of what =
I=B9ve done!  In the evening, my wife and I had reservations at the =
Buenos Aires =B3Colon theater=B2 (one of the world=B9s finest), to =
see Wagner=B9s=B3Sifrido=B2(Sigfrid).  Great opera, but five hours =
long though.  Of course I took my new M6 with fujichrome 1600 and =
exposed as such.  Can=B9t wait to see the results!
	We were fairly close but nothing great for the 50.  I guess now I =
need the 90 or 75... not likely to happen in the very near future, it =
was tough enough convincing my lady for the M6.  During the intervals =
I shot the orchestra tuning there instruments and the inside of the =
theater.
	Coming from an F4, I can=B9t believe how small this camera is and =
how easy it is to conceal.  We met some people we new and although I =
had it in my hand against my dark suit,  nobody seemed to notice it =
at all.  I am fumbling a little when taking pictures since everything =
turns in the opposite direction then the Nikon but other than that, =
no trouble at all getting used to it.  I did notice however that the =
f/stop ring doesn=B9t quite turn as smoothly between f/11 and f/16.  =
I wonder if it=B9s normal or, if anybody has experienced anything =
similar?

Federico,
Argentina