Subject: BAS lens tests.
From: captyng@vtx.ch (Gerard Captijn)
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 08:01:07 +0200

>I got to know him when I was editor of Fotomagazin, and he was editor of
>Color Foto (the two leading german Photo Mags). I found him ridiculously
>biased towards everything which is sold under the label of Leica. You could
>also ask the Leica PR department for some test results before bothering with
>his stuff....

Hi Frank,

I remember your articles on digital imaging in Fotomagazin which I liked
very much (the only problem for me being that if I have a choice between
800.000 pixel digital- and 15.000.000 pixel silver images my choice is
pretty obvious).
You must have been working those days with Barnim A. Schulze, the man from
the BAS lens tests. Any comments on his testing methods, their consistency
over time and/ or on his bias towards Leica and Zeiss? The BAS  tests are
often mentioned in this forum, I think that an "inside" opinion on them
could be interesting.

Gerard Captijn,
Geneva, Switzerland.
Email: captyng@vtx.ch