Subject: Re: New Site
From: Bill Welch <Bill.Welch@pressroom.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 23:58:47 -0700

Stephen wrote:

> My site CameraQuest.com is up and running, but hardly complete.

Stephen, I enjoyed your site and learned a lot, even though I didn't get
all the way through it. Like you, I am a long-time admirer of the Nikon
rangefinder system, particularly the S2 and SP. I rarely ever use mine
anymore, but reading your overview prompts me to resolve to dig mine out
this week and put them to use. I discovered that system back when the F
was the thing to have, and the pleasure of using the Nikon RFs led me
later to Leicas.

Your Leica analysis may provoke some dissenters here, though I found
little to quibble with. (I am surprised at your praise for Nikon's
Extremely Marvelous, but that's for another forum.)

I hope you'll keep adding to it.

Regards,

Bill Welch