Subject: Re: BAS lens tests( reply)
From: Krzysztof Szecowka <szecowka@ch.wssk.wroc.pl>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:47:50 +0200

Dear Mr Puts,

I agree with you completely - it is unwise to judge one's personality with
one number, but ... I am  a doctor, I deal with human beings and I do the
research to estimate the disease intensity or risk level. In my papers I
have used an ingenious mathematical method estimating the level of disease
intensity biasing on several factors. The method calculated given
parameters and the result was one number between 0 and 1. It has been
clinically proven to be effective. I am curious if it wuold be possible to
apply this method in lens testing. What do you think?

Chris

At 19:28 17.06.97 +0100, you wrote:

>Why then use this one dimensional measurement paradigm onto a lens, which
>also exhibits many characteristics of a strong personality.
>Sorry for being so long winded.
>Erwin Puts

Krzysztof Szecowka MD
Dept. of General and Vascular Surgery