Subject: Re: Incident meter Q's
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:32:01 -0700

At 09:28 AM 6/18/97 -0600, you wrote:

>I do, and you can too! Go to www.sekonic.com
>
>There is a listing of every model of meter, their features, and a little
>picture of each. Pretty complete.
>
>Ben W. Holmes

Also check-out  http://www.bogenphoto.com/gossen_meters.htm

One thing I noticed in the Sekonic spec's is no mention of a built-in
correction feature. On the Gossen meter, you can enter various factors
(filter, bellows, etc... +7.9EV to -7.9EV) and it is automatically computed
into your reading. VERY handy. There is an indicator on the screen letting
you know that a correction is set (so you don't forget.) And resetting the
correction to zero is very easy. Just two clicks. You don't have to click
the up or down button for each 1/10th stop until you reach zero.

This is not an AD for Gossen. A meter is a very personal thing. You have to
feel like you and it are thinking alike. You have to trust it. I just
happen to like my Gossen very much. It has always been dead-on. So has my
Sekonic Studio Deluxe II. The Deluxe, however, contains a meter movement
which, being mechanical, is vulnerable.

Jim