Subject: Kodachrome downsizing
From: Joel Tlumak <JT@JMBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 16:17:56 -0700

Apparently Kodak has developed a downsized Kodachrome
lab, according to one magazine report, that will permit
Kodachrome processing by small labs.  I know one
non-Kodak lab does Kodachrome processing in Los Angeles,
but I believe Kodak pulled their own Kodachrome lab out of
Northern California because of community concerns of
chemical environmental damages from the lab.  From the
news report on the downsizing of the Kodachrome lab Kodak
is expected to expand its Kodachrome processing labs, at
least making it available to small private labs.  No time was
mentioned of when such an expansion would take place, at
least according to the news report.