Subject: Leica personal stories
From: "Elliot M. Puritz, MD" <drpuritz@li.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 12:46:01 +0000

Luggers:  Since we are recounting our Leica stories, just a very quick
word.  Trying out a new M6 yesterday with pictures of the grandchildren.
I almost forgot how wonderful the camera feels...light, quiet, a well
constructed hand held machine.  Perhaps it was my imagination, but I
sensed this current M6 was somewhat smoother then my relatively early
M6 of the 1980's.  Were any changes made in the winding mechanism, or
is the earlier model in need of a tune-up?

Need just a quick bit of advice.  Anyone of you have an 80-200 Vario for
the R, and if so, opinions?  Have decided to add the R8 because of the TTL
flash, and the ease of fill-in flash.   I recently shot a roll of 100 Reala on
my old R5...quite surprisingly nice.  The somewhat " less sharp " details of
the 35-70, using this film, were much appreciated by the grandmas in the
group, who have started to look away when I come close with the M and the
mercilessly sharp M lenses!  The common complaints involve the sudden
appearance of " wrinkles " that weren't noted a few years back!  Perhaps
this pleasing quality is the epitome of " bokeh " which was written about
last month.

It is so wonderful to hear from our friends around the world...keep the
stories coming.

elliot