Subject: PDN article
From: Fred Ward <fward@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 06:35:55 -0300

I note a fair amount of interest here in scanning, PCDs, and publishing.
I am pleased to note that Photo District News has an article on me in
the current issue that addresses some of these issues. It was also nice
of them to discuss some of my earlier work (1960s, etc) before
describing my current use of PCDs in my all-color gem book series.

The four-page PDN article on me is in the June, 1997 issue. I mention
this here because not only are some of the book pictures were made with
Leicas, but also because a good bit of the article is spent describing
how I use Photo CDs in my all-color gem books, how I self-publish, and
how I get the books into distribution channels. All these seem to be
concerns of photographers today.

If you have an interest in self-publishing, book distribution, and
getting professional-quality results in print using PCDs for your scans,
you may find some of this to be useful.

Fred Ward

***  Visit my Gem Book Publishers site
***  http://www.erols.com/fward/