Subject: M6-W
From: Mark_Bishop@ipc.co.uk
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 09:48:33 +0100

Somebody suggested that Leica might be readying a second version of the M6 body,
pretty much unchanged except for a wideangle finder that would enable users of
the 21 and 24mm lenses to see the whole frame without needing a separate finder.

As a spectacle-wearer I personally could not use a 28mm lens with the current
low-eyepoint Leica body without losing the corners of the frame - 35mm even is
at the limits of what's possible.

I love wideangle reportage and travel photography - at the moment my one and
only lens is the 35 1.4 ASPH, and I would never want anything longer than this.
I would certainly consider buying the 24 2.8 ASPH, but will not do so currently
because I refuse to be slowed down by having to keep swapping from the normal
viewfinder with its rangefinder to a separate finder for composition.

Rather than a single-magnification finder like that of the current M6 I would
ideally like to see a 'zooming' finder, such as that fitted to the Contax Gs and
most zoom compacts (Leica included). If this could encompass everything from 21
to 135mm, that would be ideal, but if not a premium model that could alter its
magnification in step with the focal lengths 21-24-28-35-50 would be just ideal.