Subject: Re: M2 Flash Synch Terminal
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 09:11:28 -0400

At 07:58 AM 6/24/97 -0500, Jim Licquia wrote:
>A week or two ago, I acquired an M2 body in excellent shape but I find
>that the X flash synch terminal does not seem to be the same as the
>current terminal on my M6. The M2 serial no. is 1019xxx.
>
>Is there an adapter available for this or can the body be modified by
>Leica to accept modern synch cords?

Leica used proprietary synch contacts on the M2 and M3.  There are a
variety of 'fixes' to this problem.

The simplest is to have the terminal replaced with the standard PC
terminal.  Any good repair shop can do this rapidly and without a huge
charge.  This is the best solution, all in all.

Leica did make a flash cable which connects to the standard PC;  I believe
this is the MICOO/15524.  This would take a LOT of digging to find:
perhaps you might join LHSA and run an advert in their LEICA CATALOG.  This
is the Purist's solution.

Finally, there are aftermarket adapters readily available.  Brooklyn Camera
Exchange stocks these, as do many, many camera stores (I believe Ewald
Clark in Roanoke, Virginia, does:  540/342-1829, ask for Roger or Ron, and
tell them 'Marc Sent You').  These run about $10 or less.  This is the
simplest solution.

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!