Subject: Re: M2 Flash Synch Terminal
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 13:18:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Jun 1997, Marc James Small wrote:

> The simplest is to have the terminal replaced with the standard PC
> terminal.  Any good repair shop can do this rapidly and without a huge
> charge.  This is the best solution, all in all.
Amen. After having this work done on an M3, I never had a problem with the
connection to an electronic flash.

> Leica did make a flash cable which connects to the standard PC;  I believe
> this is the MICOO/15524.  This would take a LOT of digging to find:
> perhaps you might join LHSA and run an advert in their LEICA CATALOG.  This
> is the Purist's solution.
But if you do go this route, you'd best pick up some spares as cables do
have the habit of breaking internally.

> Finally, there are aftermarket adapters readily available.  Brooklyn Camera
> Exchange stocks these, as do many, many camera stores (I believe Ewald
The principal reason I had the M3 terminals updated was that these little
things seemed to loosen at exactly the wrong moment, causing me to miss a
shot.

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart