Subject: NO SUBJECT
From: uskanb2n@ibmmail.com
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:51:49 EDT

>Are you referring to "Darkroom and Creative Camera Techniques" magazine? It
>was renamed about a year ago to "Photo Techniques". I consider it and my
>quarterly LHSA "Viewfinder" as cover-to-cover values far above any other
>photo mags.
>
>Gary Todoroff

No, Gary, I was referring to the magazine which started out as "Darkroom
Photography" & changed its name to include the word camera a year or so
before it folded to try to reach a broader audience. "Darkroom and
Creative Camera Techniques" upgraded their contents & reproduction standards
substantially when they became "Photo Techniques" several months after
Darkroom Photography (whatever it was ultimately called) ceased publication,
perhaps to appeal to the former Darkroom Photography readers.

"Photo Techniques" has had a couple of articles which follow from articles
in Darkroom Photography (the article on the hazards of grain focusing comes
to mind) and several of Darkroom Photography's regulars have become
contributors to "Photo Techniques."

I had the misfortune of sending in a two year renewal to Darkroom Photography
just in time to get the last issue. They arranged for "Outdoor Photographer"
to fulfill their subscription obligations. I used to read every editorial
word in Darkroom Photography, where I rarely read more than an article or
two in Outdoor...

                                         - John Lowther.