Subject: Re: M2 Flash Synch Terminal
From: "Steven Blutter" <sblutter@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:58:38 -0500

> Leica used proprietary synch contacts on the M2 and M3.  There are a
> variety of 'fixes' to this problem.
>
> The simplest is to have the terminal replaced with the standard PC
> terminal.  Any good repair shop can do this rapidly and without a huge
> charge.  This is the best solution, all in all.

i had this done with one M-3 and immediatly sent in another...only 1 to go
- - so much more reliable than the plugs.  just don't know what this does to
'collector' value - but who cares - - function 1st!..  I used to be wary in
flash situations, no longer.  Took advantage of the body being in the shop
for a CLA (clean, lube, adjust..)

good luck!
steven blutter