Subject: Re: CANON 25/3.5 OR LEICA 24/2.8
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 19:51:28 -0700

Kai Ling OH wrote:

> Anybody  with  experience  with  Canon  25/3.5? I heard that is a very good
> lens,  but how is the flair control, near distance and colour rendition? No
> doubt  Leica  24/2.8 ASP is the best 24 mm lens many can buy, but the price
> is 1.5-2 time higher than Canon25/3.5. Which one should I go?

While the Canon 25/3.5 is very small and light and comparatively
inexpensive, it is also a mid 50's design.  At best good by today's
standards.

If you don't want to make the investment in the 24 aspherical, why not
use a Canon FD or Nikon 24 on your M instead with scale focusing?  They
are sure to be much sharper than the old Canon 25/3.5.  Take a look
under Camera Profiles at my site www.cameraquest.com to find out how.

Regards,

Stephen Gandy