Subject: Re: CANON 25/3.5 OR LEICA 24/2.8
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 18:08:46 +0100 (BST)

At 19:51 26/06/97 -0700, you wrote:

>While the Canon 25/3.5 is very small and light and comparatively
>inexpensive, it is also a mid 50's design.  At best good by today's
>standards.
>If you don't want to make the investment in the 24 aspherical, why not
>use a Canon FD or Nikon 24 on your M instead with scale focusing?  They
>are sure to be much sharper than the old Canon 25/3.5.  Take a look
>under Camera Profiles at my site www.cameraquest.com to find out how.
>Regards,
>Stephen Gandy

I just realised; with one of those adapters I could use my Nikon 24-50 zoom
on the M6. This may not be quite as clever as I think it is, but it's
something to think about. Maybe for infrared photography with a very dark
filter, where using this lens jon an SLR body wouldn't work well anyway.
I've even got the viewfinder frames for 50, 35, and 28 already built in, and
24 I'm sure I can wangle...

Joe Berenbaum